We have made the difficult decision to cancel traditional Summer PATA this year. With the current state of the world, we felt like it was the only decision to make, and believe that it is the only way we can ensure the safety of our performers and staff during these unprecedented times. While we are very sad that Summer PATA will not run as planned, we are already writing songs for our brand new original musical, “17 of Diamonds,” for next summer!
In the meantime, we’re hosting Summer PATA Virtual Workshop Week from July 27th – July 31st with incredible masterclasses from professionals from all over the world! Click here for more information.
We are excited to announce that this year, performers have the option to stay in Dallas, PA during summer PATA! Performers and PATA’s designated residential staff will be staying at Nittany Commons (42 Nittany Drive, Dallas, PA 18612) –
beautiful apartments that are just a few minutes away from the Dallas Performing Arts Center. These fully furnished apartments neighbor Penn State’s Wilkes-Barre campus, and offer the following amenities for our residents: three bedrooms, a full kitchen, two private bathrooms, a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, and on-site laundry. To see photos of the apartments, click here.
In addition to the endless PATA fun for three weeks, there are some added benefits to our overnight option:
- Evening and weekend activities! You can look forward to fun activities like movie nights, Zumba classes, hiking, and yoga classes.
- Extra training! Our PATA Training Staff will be available on the weekends for one-on-one and small-group training sessions in voice, acting, and dance. Evening sessions will focus on memorizing lines from the show, learning songs, and working on blocking specific scenes.
- A behind-the-scenes look at PATA! You will have the opportunity to help PATA’s staff with prop making and costuming for the show.
The Overnight fee includes:
- Room and board at Nittany Commons for July 12—August 2, 2020
- Dinner upon arrival to campus on Sunday, July 12
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily July 13—August 2
- Checkout on Sunday, August 2
- Evening activities
- Weekend programming and additional training